- 3D Game Design w/ Portal 2: Puzzles, Traps, and Mazes (Intro and Intermediate) (Gr. 5-9) - If you like 3D-based video games then this camp is for you! Portal 2 is a first-person, puzzle-platform style video game that challenges you to use your wits to solve complex problems. At camp you will use 3D game engine software and Portal 2 to create an adventure that features intricate labyrinths, puzzles and traps. All skill levels are welcome.
- Video Game Design: Platform and RPG Games (Intro & Intermediate) (Gr. 4-9) - Calling all future game developers! Bring your video game ideas to life as you learn the ins-and-outs of how video games are designed and produced during this two week program. During week one, learn how to use a number of software design tools to create Mario-like platform-style video games. In the second week, work with RPG Maker software to design and build complex role playing game worlds. Highlights of this program include informational lectures, as well as the use of a hands-on game design lab where campers design, customize, construct and test their creations. Campers are encouraged to take this camp multiple times.
- Tech Adventures: Roller Coasters and Game Design (Gr. 1-3) - Campers work with instructors to learn the basic engineering principles behind roller coasters. They will use K’Nex® to build models that demonstrate how roller coasters work. In the Game Design portion of camp, campers learn the basics of video game design and will design games by hand with Bloxels and tablets.
- Game Adventures with LEGO Worlds (Gr. 4-9) - Are you interested in building amazing game worlds? Are you a LEGO® fan? If so, then this is the perfect camp for you. Get ready to explore game and level design while using the amazing LEGO® Worlds software to build your adventure. LEGO® Worlds enables you to design your game with many unique and wonderful characters, models, and driveable vehicles, that can then be played out in your own personalized adventure.
- Game Design with ROBLOX (Gr. 4-9) - Take your video game and level designs to the next level. ROBLOX® is a gaming platform where campers can produce an infinite variety of highly immersive experiences. In this camp, your game design is only limited by your imagination. With ROBLOX® as your game engine, you can create 3D multiplayer competitions, interactive adventures, car racing scenarios and many other types of game experiences.
A Technology Camp Specialist/Teacher teaches a minimum of 1 class but may also be considered to teach various programs at 1 or more locations.
Local teaching opportunities:
- Baltimore, MD at Gilman School
- North Bethesda, MD at Georgetown Prep School
If you are interested in traveling to any of the locations listed below, ESF will provide hotel accommodations, mileage reimbursement, and a food stipend:
- Haverford, PA at The Haverford School
- Chestnut Hill, PA at Norwood-Fontbonne Academy
- Montgomery Springs, PA at Montgomery School
- Newtown Square, PA at Episcopal Academy
- Tinton Falls, NJ at Ranney School
- Lawrenceville, NJ at The Lawrenceville School
- Moorestown, NJ at Moorestown Middle School
- Bronx, NY at The Riverdale Country School
- Greenwich, CT at Greenwich Academy