- Minecraft (Gr. 4-9) - Use Minecraft to learn how to design, build and explore 3D game adventures. At camp receive instruction in game design and a review of Redstone circuits. You'll use your creativity and fine-tune your problem-solving skills, as you navigate the various construction challenges working with Minecraft EDU. Work individually and in groups to maximize collaboration and decision-making as you face design challenges and build your very own Minecraft world. Friends and family will be invited to explore your 3D creation on the last day. No prior experience with Redstone is necessary. All skill levels are welcome.
- Minecraft 4 Kids: Level 1 (Gr. 2-4) - Experience the wonderful world of Pocket Edition Minecraft.Build your own virtual reality in a sandbox-like environment by using iPads to challenge your mind and create your own adventures. This fun and engaging program will spark interests, foster creativity and help you reach your learning potential. Friends and family will be invited to explore your game world on the last day. No prior experience with Minecraft or iPads needed.
- Minecraft 4 Kids: Level 2(Gr. 2-4) - This follow up course is designed for kids who have completed the Minecraft for Kids camp and want to learn more about this amazing game. Kids will be shown how to use the PC version of Minecraft and be provided with detailed instructions on the best ways to build and develop game spaces on the PC. This camp is designed as a secondary course for kids who have already taken the first Minecraft for Kids camp.
- Minecraft Missions 2017 (Gr. 4-9) - Are you up for an adventure? In this multi-player environment, Minecraft will be the vehicle to help develop your leadership and social skills, as you accomplish unique missions with a team of campers. Use your imagination and collaborate with your team to design and build a large-scale Minecraft Missions project. Decide between two exciting adventures - creating a sci-fi Parkour Cloud City, or build a virtual fantsy-adventure in a Medieval Village. Creativity, critical thinking and communication will be your keys to success! Friends and family willbe invited to participate in your adventure on the last day. Previous experience with Minecraft is recommended.
- Programming with Minecraft (Gr. 5-9)-If you have a passion for Minecraft and computer coding, then this is the camp for you! At camp you’ll receive training in Python program on the Raspberry Pi microcomputer. You’ll utilize your programming skills to create new gameplay features and Mods in Minecraft. On the last day of camp, you'll showcase your customized scripts, game worlds and new Minecraft features to your friends and family. This camp is recommended for intermediate and advanced campers with an interest in computer coding and who are proficient in the use of both Minecraft and PCs.
A Technology Camp Specialist/Teacher teaches a minimum of 1 class but may also be considered to teach various programs at 1 or more locations.
Local teaching opportunities:
- Baltimore, MD at Gilman School
- North Bethesda, MD at Georgetown Prep School
If you are interested in traveling to any of the locations listed below, ESF will provide hotel accommodations, mileage reimbursement, and a food stipend:
- Haverford, PA at The Haverford School
- Chestnut Hill, PA at Norwood-Fontbonne Academy
- Montgomery Springs, PA at Montgomery School
- Newtown Square, PA at Episcopal Academy
- Tinton Falls, NJ at Ranney School
- Lawrenceville, NJ at The Lawrenceville School
- Moorestown, NJ at Moorestown Middle School
- Bronx, NY at The Riverdale Country School
- Greenwich, CT at Greenwich Academy