Program Description(s): (Candidates may be considered to instruct one or more courses listed below)
- Tech Adventures: Motors & Machines and Digital Art & Design (Gr. 1-3) Campers work with a variety of tools to investigate simple motors and machines (gears, wheels, axles, levers and pulleys), while solving tasks related to mechanical principles and learning about energy, balance and buoyancy. In Digial Art & Design, campers will use technology devices to take photos, make simple photo edits, draw 2D art and create fun and engaging images.
- Roller Coaster Design: The Science & Engineering of Thrill Rides (Gr. 4-9) Amusement Parks are filled with lots of heart pounding fun, as well as multiple opportunities to learn about science and engineering. In this exciting camp, learn about the physics of roller coasters while exploring kinetic and potential energy, and centripetal force. You will build and test, physical and “virtual” roller coaster models using various computer programs, including Minecraft. You will create virtual roller coasters, build scale models with K’NEX® and experience the thrill of the turns, loops and drops! The camp day is divided into 3 periods. Two thirds of the day is spent working on science and engineering of roller coasters and approximately one third of the day is dedicated to working with Minecraft. No prior experience is necessary! All skill levels are welcome.
- Test Pilot: Flyer Drones (Gr. 5-9) Do you like drones and want to learn how to fly them? If you answered yes, then this camp is for you. This camp will teach you how drones rise off the earth and fly through the sky while gaining an understanding of the principles of lift, thrust and control. The focus is on the science and technology behind flight using drones. Projects will provide you with firsthand experience in building and flying your own aerodynamic objects.
A Technology Camp Specialist/Teacher teaches a minimum of 1 class but may also be considered to teach various programs at 1 or more locations.
Local teaching opportunities:
- Haverford, PA at The Haverford School
If you are interested in traveling to any of the locations listed below, ESF will provide hotel accommodations, mileage reimbursement, and a food stipend:
- North Bethesda, MD at Georgetown Prep School
- Baltimore, MD at Gilman School
- Chestnut Hill, PA at Norwood-Fontbonne Academy
- Montgomery Springs, PA at Montgomery School
- Newtown Square, PA at Episcopal Academy
- Tinton Falls, NJ at Ranney School
- Lawrenceville, NJ at The Lawrenceville School
- Moorestown, NJ at Moorestown Middle School
- Bronx, NY at The Riverdale Country School
- Greenwich, CT at Greenwich Academy